Sitting high pressure system. Bonsai on the move

It has become  kind of  a "tradition".  With a winter fighting tooth and nails with the first initial signs of spring in the air I have changed again  from a bonsai grower to a bonsai carrier.   The ones who keep their trees in  frost free zones  know quite well what I am talking about.
With temperatures  that are in my frost free  storage  well in the red section of a thermometer for last couple of weeks  most of the trees stored there  show  first signs of a new life...


Well,  luckily most of my trees are still sleeping well protected in their winter beds scattered all over our backyard.  Neverthless some of the trees those in my view a bit more vulnerable by harsh winter ( heavy bending, late summer airlayering, special cuttings etc ) are stored in the frost free area.

That means only one single simple thing. I should move them out  every  day with  temperatures above zerro and bring them back for frosty nights.  With this damned high pressure system well seated above  Europe it seems there will be a lot of traffic till mid? March...

Prunus incisa  Fuji Cherry

fuji cherry bonsaj flower buds



fuji cherry bonsaj flower buds


fuji cherry bonsaj flower buds


Bad for me  and even worse for my pair of ski...

21.02.2018
Early morning low:  -6 °C
Day high ( on the sun ):  + 12 °C
Air:                              +3 °C


Fcast: temps as low as - 20 °C.   C'mon. It's almost March...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro