New bench in making_part 2_Nearly finished

Slats  ( Larch )

35 x 25 x 400
Why to go for slats perpendicular to the axes of the rail board if they take much more time to process?
I believe it allows better circulation of air.  So it should be better for the trees.   And if this  " better circulation " is true, then my humidity trays should provide even better environment for my trees ( I will cover this a bit later ).

Rails  ( Spruce )

I have opted for a 140 x 25 mm profile.  Solid and good bending resistance.  A torsion could be a problem with such thin elements,  but I am not too much concerned about that as the distance between the poles is just 2000 mm.

Wood protection

Osmo stain.  Please note the additional protection of the face of the poles.  A piece of a rubber foil.





Joints

Simple butt joints have been used. 
Stainless screws 4,5 x 60 mm
Additional reinforcement  on the poles  to support the wooden rails




Nearly finished.  Still need to make c. 20 additional slats.  

Humidity trays

I am planning to squeeze a 75 mm plastic tube ( split into half pipes )  between the wooden rails.   The tube will be filled with some material with a good soaking capacity.  Most probably some kind of moss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro