A single bench assembled on a sizeable granite stone

At the early dark times of our small garden I have scattered few reasonable sized  granite stones  there.  ( Reasonable sized = few hundred kilos of weight ).   At that time I was in love with the water so the selection of stones has reflected that.  Large stones well smoothed by the wild watters of White Elbe upriver. 

In last few years hand in hand with the  growing number of my yamadories I am trying to blend the character of the garden with/around the potted trees.  Due to that some of the stones have lost their solitary status and I have put on their top some of the potted trees.  The stability of such arrangements  was always a bit of problem - strong gusts of wind, cats and probably some other living creatures that occupy this place during night hours.  I have never spot them at the daytime but I believe there are stone martens, racoon dogs, hedgehogs... ( at least if I can read the marks in the snow well - sorry I am not the chief  Black Wolf).

So doing some wood work on other benches I have decided to fit another piece of wood on this stone to see how it goes.   Well it is not just the wood.  There are hidden iron bolts firmly locking the wood  into the stone.

What do you think?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro