Prunus mahaleb_small&chubby

I have collected this little tree in early spring 2018.   Transplanting newly collected trees in less than a year is not the best possible practice but that's me.   Besides this repoting is in line with my resolution to provide my trees with better living conditions.  One of the things I am planning to change this year is to replace most of the growing plastic/ceramic pots with wooden boxes.   Main drivers?  Better heat resistance, more stable conditions for roots and all the hard working creatures living in the soil there.  And for me - I can use guy wires without the need to drill holes into the pots.   And having more freedom with the positioning of guy wires in comparison with the other method = using the drainage/fixing holes.

What are the next plans?
- building some sort of sunscreens to protect selected trees
- using more rain water
- incresing the humidity in some places around the yard and balcony
- ??? any other thoughts more than welcomed

So here we go.

Punus mahaleb:  14 cm 
Box: inner dimensions  21x21x7,5 cm







Looking on the last pic - the tree looks like a chubby  black bird baby waiting to get some food.
And a reminder - don't be lazy to balance white...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro