Prunus domestica_Common plum

There are not many common plums  in the world of bonsai.  Why is that?  Happy to learn.

I was always thinking about getting one,  but could not find any decent Yamadori.  As my clock are ticking faster and faster I was quite desperately looking for something  reasonably good.   ( reasonable =  anything I am able to get a hold ).   Based on this approach two reasonable specimens have landed on my place this spring.   Too early to share though - lets wait for next spring.  There is nothing wrong being a little superstitious isn't it.

In the meantime,  I am happy to share  two pics.  A wild form  designed by the Nature and a picture of a plum from a garden.  That one looks very different from the rest of the common plums I have ever seen.  But believe me it is a common plum...

This is a typical shape of common plum 


And this one is from a garden.  Frankly,  I do not believe the owner is taking too much care of it.  I guess the basic structure was made years ago and since then it has grown wild.  I really like this umbrella shape.  But I gues it will be more appropriate for other species... Apple tree perhaps?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro