Prunus mahaleb #9_From semi to full cascade

Last year I decided to move this semi cascade further on to the full one.   Still not there,  but at least the lowest branch has been extended a bit and now we will wait for next spring to change the planting angle.  Would be nice to have a new pot too, but frankly I doubt it.  I cannot see the one I have in mind around.

In the meantime, I am trying to develop more side roots on the massive anchoring root  that goes across the rock.   Still not there. I guess this goes on my account as I cannot keep the place moist...





Prunus mahaleb, yamadori, cascade
Front


And there is another thing that bothers me a bit.  And this is the 'strange' habit of  some species of the Prunus family.  They produce shoots just with berries with no leaves on them.  And unfortunately this results in the loss of the branch.   You can see that in the middle of the crown.  The branches with fruits will be lost by the autumn.  I need to find out how to deal with that.   Lets see some articles  about Mume.







Comments

  1. Ahoj Vláďo,jj,to odesychání větvi s květy je opakujícím se nešvarem, na některých stromech více, na některých méně... Prozatím jsme prostě došli k tomu stavět korunu z většího množství větví a nahrazovat, dopěstovávat. Naštěstí to jsou většinou spíše jen menší větvičky. Pokud náhodou na něco narazíš při tvém pátrání, tak mě to velice zajímá :-)! Jinak moc pěkný vývoj stromu, ať roste a ať se daří!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoj Lukáši, díky za potvrzení, že "v tom" nejsem sám:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro