Japanese barberry_A bush styled into a kind of informal traditional pre-bonsai

Some of my trees are styled into something that is at least in my mind close to a classical bonsai shape.   It makes life easier in terms of its design and  it takes less time to maintain its shape.  And what is even more important for me - the inner branches get a fair portion of a daily sunlight without the necessity of leaf pruning.

Winter 2017




Summer 2018
Pruning and wiring.
 


As a matter of practice,  I have taken a few pics after the initial styling just to make sure that my eyes are not cheating me.  This time I have a feeling that the top section of the tree is too heavy... Well,  apart from a fact that I need to get it more rounded and I would need to pull one of the branches on the right slightly down.. 

After a small correction of the top, cutting of few leaves here and there...

Front



Back (before the correction of the top)








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro