Prunus mahaleb_The Cock

Another year spent on building the surface roots.  So far all the efforts were solely based on the usage of a sphagnum moss.  For the next years to come I will cover the soil with "standard"  moss while adding more acadama to the roots encircling the rock.

 I feel that the first root from the top looks a bit strange.  Time to cut it off?  Happy for your thoughts.



Happy with this deadwood.  Nice focal point.


The roots shouts: " GO! Catch more sunrays, we hold you fast".   So it means a cascading trunk despite the horizontal line of it.  See the second and third pics.  I feel the third one is about right.   And if so I have another problem to find a suitable pot.  I do not like the crescent bonsai pot that one should "normally" use.   I guess I would need to combine something different to please my eyes.

Despite the fact I do like semi or full cascades similar to this one I have to admit they a bit of a nuisance once it comes to basic horticulture.  The inclination of the soil level makes it more difficult not only to water or fertilize the tree in a way that the roots at the top section are given their fair level of supply,  but also for the winter storage.




The other side -  not bad but it seems more sheepish to me...



Comments

  1. Wow. Nice one. An ancient movement of the trunk. Nice bark too. Good luck with this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro