Cornus mass_Double trunk_Spring 2017

In the early spring I have decided to move a little bit further with the work on the dead wood of the cornelian cherry_double trunk.

The existing deadwood looks really great.  I wonder if I could get any closer to the Nature with my hands....

Cornus mass_Deadwood


Cornus mass_Deadwood

Cornus mass_Deadwood

And the quality of the bark makes a nice match with it...



Initial work completed in spring 2016

Target: a) convert the top dead branch in a lookable jin
             b) remove the visual weight of the dead wood in the middle section of the trunk

Before sharing the pic of the results of the first GO I should say that the wood of this species is much harder than I thought...Bad luck.  The result looks bad.  Well, not just bad,  but B A D.  Definitely needs better tools than just chisels.



Clear KO in the first round.  So it is  1 :  0 for the Cc. At least on the first sight but in fact it is a clear loss for both of us...


btw
Back in 2016 I have planned to get rid of this cc.  Well , I am going to keep it.
Initial post here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro