Cornus mass_Double trunk_Summer 2017 ( Part 2 from 3 )

In the course of the  summer as my heart and nearly broken sole have recovered from the blow - see the previous post -  I have started to circle around the tree closer and closer.  Finally,  it has landed on my workbench again  and we have started the second round.

At the ring bell I have focused my effort on the upper dead branch.   A place where I felt a soft spot on the tree.  And yes, I do belive I have managed to remove a good amount of wood.  Now I think there is a good movement and taper.

yamadori_cornus mass_dead wood



At least if you look at it under the condition of a deteriorated visibility and perhaps you are in a reasonable distance of more than 10 metres from it.   Unfortunately,  if you get any closer you will be able to see the naked truth - NO GO again.


yamadori_cornus mass_dead wood


yamadori_cornus mass_dead wood


Autumn 2017

Determination.  Persistence. Innovation.  All these characteristics helped our predecessors to get down from the trees and to conquer savannahs.  With this in my mind, I have decided to continue with this project till the time I feel it is a GO.

So in late September I have wrapped the dead wood sections with the damped sphagnum moss and covered with the stretched foil.   The plan now is to use a Dremel's wood burner to get some cracks on the "new" sections of the deadwood.


 Let's have it soaked for a few days now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro