Yamadori_Pyrus pyraster_Air layered in spring 2017

One of my first wild pears collected in 2012?  And the first one that has a potential to be styled in the shape of pears that I so intimately know from the place where I spent the first years of my life.


2013
The pear does look reasonably good in this position.  Nevertheless the problem sits under the soil - an elbowed piece of the trunk...


yamadori_pyrus_pear_hruška_bonsai

Autumn colours_ pears do have a great autumn dress

yamadori_pyrus_pear_hruška_bonsai_autumn



2017
Mid sommer_results of the air layer started in spring.

yamadori_pyrus_pear_hruška_bonsai_Air layer_hřížení


yamadori_pyrus_pear_hruška_bonsai_hřížení_air layer_Airlayer

I have decided not to separate the new tree this year.  Instead,  I have added a new layer of sphagnum moss and substrate to protect the sensitive new roots from the coming winter.  The last January was quite cold well below the average temps of the season.  Some of my freshly airlayered trees suffered some die back of roost.  Maybe it was not due to the frost,  but as I do no know the reason I need to take care of all the possible factors.  


Height:40 cm approx 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro