January?

 
With the temps in the red zones and the "March look" of the garden,  it is quite difficult to suppress the urging need to get out to collect yamadories or to start with some sort of bonsai activities.  In fact I have brought one of my birches to my workshop just to see how it looks. Within a minute I have found myself with a pruning shears ready to tackle to poor lady...   The temptation was really a great one,  but at the end the common sense has taken the upper hand.   Its January.  Who knows what surprises has the Mother Nature in her handbag ready for us...

So lets assume it is a "normal" January.  (OK, I know, that's really a crap, there is no more such a thing as a normal weather anymore. Anyway...)  Good time for skiing as far as I am concerned.   Well deserved rest time for the  majority of my trees.   A good time to revise  plans for the development of my trees in the upcoming growing season.  Last but not least:  a good time to please my mind with some blossoms...


Semideciduous Azalea


Bonsai, Azalea, Blossoms


 Ulmus glabra_wych elm

Yamadori collected in the spring 2017.   Love on a first sight.

I plan to  remove the parts of the trunks  in the late spring/early summer as indicated on the pic below.  Any other idea will be welcomed.


wych elm, jilm, yamadori



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro