Prunus mahaleb_A bit of procrastination


Prunus mahaleb_A bit of procrastination
I should have been working on the apple tree this weekend.   Well, as I have been  still contemplating the possible design of it from different angles for quite a bit of time  I have decided to stop it  for now and to work on another teaser.    The cock - that is the nickname of this tree in my file - is about 24 cm tall and nearly 40 wide.   If you look at it there are two nearly independent part.  The first one in the shape of twisted pig tail and the other  is stretched to the side trying to reach something in a far distance.   From the side, it looks like a cock to me.

   Well, the tree is not THAT  bad.   I would rather say it is I who cannot grab its natural yamadori beauty and make the most of it.

Nov 2014




Spring 2015




Summer 2015

After pruning

 Front Option 1




Detail of the shari and jins
The greyish part is the original designed by the Nature. The yellowish one is my attempt to reduce another quite a big jin there.



The root on the right is not the most beautiful part of this tree, but  in my view,  it is important so it is there to stay.   I have tried to graft to this root some smaller ones  to create a kind of a root net that covers the piece of stone ( rock )  but it fails.  Just for this time.  I will fix  it next year. 



Front Option 2   A tamed Cock?




Front Final:  Let's wait till the repotting to see the nebari.


Also I hope to get more foliage in the middle section of the tree to glue the both sides together.  It should be developed from the side of the pig tail and directed to the right to keep the natural flow of the tree.    I  have originaly tried  to link the two sides from the other direction but it did work for me.  So the branch has been cut off and part of it converted into jin - you can see it on the previous picture on the righ hand side of the tree in the top section.   

OR what about getting the pig tail closer to the main trunk?   A slit drilled into the base of the pig tail and careful bend?  

OR something less demanding - reduction of the height of the pig tail and shaping the new growth closer to the main trunk?

Clearly:  I NEED A COURAGE and a mug of chocolate.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro