Crataegus monogyna_Slanting trunk but what about the crown?

Basic data:

Origin: Yamadori

Collected in 2011

Height: 38 cm

Width: 50 cm

Pot: Growing - China 


The tree has been nicknamed "The Drunkard"  thanks to the lower section of the trunk.   The current inclination of the trunk is +/- the same as it was on the original biotop.   At the very beginning I was thinking to follow the line of the trunk and develop a subtle crown  with opposite inclination.   You may recall a Collin Lewis's hawthorn  that I had in my mind as a design to follow.   Well, I guess most of us was trying to imitate someone else's bonsai in their early bonsai age.   Worse for me, I was in bonsai for nearly 10 years then.  Shame on me...

Luckily I have decided  to make it different.  Maily because of the character of the trunk - not much movement in the middle section and overall thickness not very suitable for the Bunjingi.  So I have built a kind of Myogi instead.   Maybe not the best choice but at least it's me behind it...

And here we go.   Strong anchoring roots nicely straddled on the right side while they wrap up the stone on the left one.  Slanting trunk with the first signs of ageing.  Maybe slightly overgrown crown... Maybe...   And in an oversized growing vessel.   Luckily this part can be altered with less difficulty.

Hope to get some blossoms next spring.


 

 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro