Pyrus pyraster_ Pear_The Grandma

Pyrus pyraster_ Pear_The Grandma

I believe this is the oldest tree in my collection.

   The Grandma of pears.

    She grew at a very dry south facing slope.  Thin layer of poor substrate on a limy bed.  A scarce water supply in summers affecting the lenght of growing seasons...  That was the biotop that modeled her appearance for dozens of years before she has been spotted and collected by a bonsai novice.
     I guess I would leave such tree alone these days having a respect for its wild character and ability to survive in such harsh environment.  But at that time I have just seen an amazing tree  and have not realised that a collection is only the very and the relatively easy beginning of a journey of such old tree from the wild to the bonsai pot...



Autumn 2010


2013
Spring 2015


Spring 2015_An alligator skin all over the body






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro