Pumprdentlich

A word used by Czech writer Ota Pavel in one of his stories published in "How I came to know fish". 
Meaning?  I know it and if you like to know it as well  - just try to figure it out...


The Snake - a yamadori that is very special  for me.
It is one of my first mahaleb yamadori.
 And a love on the first sight.

Having the Snake for a few years in a pot I have had a feeling that adding one or two branches to a lower section of the trunk will improve its existing outline.    ( Note: most of my mahalebs from this location really do not like to put new growth in the lower section of their trunks.  Just strong apical domination - so that's why I use threadgrafts.. ).

 2017

The grafts did well for two years after separation but during this summer they both have dried out.   I guess problem with a live vein.

Well, after more than three years the only thing that has left is the JIN on the left hand side of the trunk...



2018 Winter



Anyway, we are growing branches on junipers and yews  just to convert them into jin.

So why not mahalebs?

Despite this recent drawback I still believe the Snake  has a great potential.    Its just now when it looks a bit bewildered.   

Pumprdentlich...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro