Shohin_Prunus mahaleb_Blossoms_Well, just two or three to be fair :)

I do believe that the size of trees that goes over 60 cm is the most appropriate for bonsai.   And this is why I still keep looking for trees of that size.   At the same time though,  I do realise that handling such trees could be a pain.  (Well, to be fair,  not necessarilly - I have a birch that is now over 95 cm and I can handle it quite easily, but it is a kind of exception).  And it is not just about handling - the big trees need  reasonably large space - and in my case this is another critical factor.  You may add another point and that is related to the speed of development - "building" small tree takes usually significantly less time.  Not important factor for me,  but fair to mention here.

As a result and despite the fact I am a big fan of large trees there are more and more small trees that are invading my place. Like this small Prunus mahaleb.   Collected in 2014 - with a lot of expectations that were gradually transformed into some kind of head scratching once I have realised there are more " challenges" than clear wins.   Anyway, it was a great learning on the way to get it to this point.

Height: 17 cm
Pot: Michal Šebor








Comments

  1. Páči sa mi ta kôra na nej. Pekný stromček. Ked raz budeme starý tak budeme len malé robiť.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro