ROR_Sort off

I do admire people that could pinpoint  the best feature/s on their trees  and "build" the trees around it.  It is by far not that easy for me.   It may come on some trees but on some others ... It is a pain really. 

It is exactly this sort of pain on this little Mahaleb.   I have written quite a lot about this pain in one of the earlier article ( here ) so no need to remind myself of this pain in this new one...

2016

Yamadori, bonsai, prunus mahaleb, mahalebka, roots over rock

2017

After quite a long time of staring on the photographs of this tree I could not think of anything better than just to add side roots to the main one that crosses the rock. 

I have used the same technique  as I do on other trees - removing few bits of the bark, apply rooting hormone ( I do not think it is necessary as this is a root anyway full of respective hormones ), covering the whole thing by sphagnum moss and keeping it wet.  The last point - keeping it wet - proved to be the most challenging ).  And a bird/wind protection over the moss.

Bonsai, bonsaj, yamadori, mahalebka, prunus mahaleb
Spring 2017
Bonsaj, bonsai, yamadori, prunus  mahaleb, mahalebka
Summer 2017

Autumn 2017

In the course of the summer I have failed on several occasions to keep the moss wet.  This has resulted in the loss of some fine roots.  But luckily a good number of them stayed alive.

Bonsai, Yamadori, Prunus mahaleb
Autumn 2017

Now the whole thing is again carefully protected with moss and I hope I will see again all these little guys in the spring.  And maybe some more of them.


The ROR or roots over rock is my new idol.  I am about to get more.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro