Prunus spinosa_Curling_Autumn colours

Blackthorns do not produce great autumn colours.  At least in my garden...

But it seems this autumn could be a bit special.  For sure for this small one. 


Yamadori, Prunus spinosa





The blackthorn has been allowed to grow without any restriction this year - just to support the air layer.  I will keep the branches  as they are till there are any working leaves.  Then I will shorten them a bit somewhere around the beginning of Nov, I guess. 
Ahh, nearly forgot about the long branch on the right side.   It was there just to help to improve the reverse taper.  The job has been done ( nearly ) but I feel like keeping it in place and adjust the rest of the tree accordingly.

Height: 27 cm from the rim of the pot  (as  expected after the trimming )
Pot:  Training

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro