Too many Prunus perhaps? Never mind, here is another one...

I do not think there will be a day when I say: "Enough is enough"  and as a result I would stop collecting this genus. Perhaps it is because they are part of my life since the time I can hardly remember...
An old  bird cherry was the first tree I was able to climb. At was at my age of  three or perhaps four?  And it was only possible with a massive help of the girls who were taking care of me.  It must have been a hard job to push my fat ass up the tree.   Frankly, I do not remember that part too much but,  I do remember the feelings when I stood on the lower branch with the whole world below me.  Who would care that I was not able to reach any of the cherries - the girls did a good job there as well.
   And what about blackthorns?   I used to watch the berries,  as they were moving up and down in the large storage jar that my beloved grandfather used for making wine.  Much more worth than most of the programs on TV these days...
   And what about the return from the other side after nearly two months?  When all that started there have been just  piles of snow outside and at the time I was able to get out - it was the cherry blossom time!!!   Even now after so many years I can feel the warm breeze in my face, the beauty of blossoms and the noise of bees celebrating the yield.  I have looked at my mom with a question and have seen  the tears of joy in her eyes...

Anyway.   The only problem I have - vast majority of my prunus are fairly small.   The one presented below is no exception.

Autumn 2019
Height: 30 cm
Width:  35 cm

Waiting for the barber...


...how do I look now?


Left side


 Right side
 



Can you see the small piece of stone?   And yes, the alligator skin.




Comments

  1. Vláďo, pekné spomienky na detstvo. Prunusov nikdy nie je dosť. mimochodom, pekne postavená koruna.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro