Another day in a woodland...

Another day in a woodland...

I  have spent few hours in the nearby woodland today.   While the single target for the day was quite  clear: go out and find some decent blackthorn(s), I could not resist to make few photographs...

Beeches are ready for the winter.  Nice thick bedding to cover their roots.





I have never seen such buttress roots on a native tree.  Much more typical for a rainforest then for a mixed forest in our country 





Wood ear  Auricularia auricula-judae - ready, well nearly, for the harvest:)





Finally. after spending a good amount of time mostly on my knees pushing my way through the blackthorn undergrowth  I have found this massive trunk.   




As mentioned somewhere in one of my earlier post.   To find a sloe with a good potential is quite difficult in my area.  Difficult but possible:)

To bring it home and keep it alive - well, that's another story...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro