Birch_Do I really know where I go?

Birch_Do I really know where I go?

 After the collection the little birch has spent some time in the ground.  Just a tiny layer of soil sitting on the rock bed.   That was my way of building a flat nebari at that time.  After a couple of years the tree has been potted.  The little bit indistinct suspicion that the tree is  "out of proportion" appeared in the most naked form.

Yamadori Bonsai Birch


I had to drop the idea of a graceful a bit formal upright format  and the main trunk has been removed. Well,  if I start to overhaul something than it is difficult to stop me. You know that kind of itching urge " what about to change it a little bit here and there?"   

Yamadori Bonsai Birch

 So we have ended up with a number of root and branch thread grafts.  You remember the tree with the carry on handle don't you...





Jan 2016.   I have started to fulfill one of my New Year's resolutions - Use your bonsai tackle wisely...

Yamadori Bonsai Birch




Nov 2016.  What a growth. In just a single season...

Yamadori Bonsai Birch

The new growth was shortened just a bit, well above the planned pruning line. It will be completed in the early spring 2017.   

Shh.. I should not say that aloud to avoid problem with my pair of Stoeckli Laser ski eagerly waiting to start THEIR season.. I wish the spring was here:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro