Yamadori_Prunus manaleb_Cascade_First year of styling

Yamadori_Prunus manaleb_Cascade_First year of styling

This  Mahaleb has been collected from my favourite P.M. golden pit in Central Bohemia in the spring 2015.    The first few months of our relationship  were not so positive as I hoped.   All the roots,  but one  have died off.   The only remaining one is emerging on the side of the trunk. It was a pencil thick,  but it seems it was strong enough to feed all the shoots with early spring flowers as you can see on the first pic.   

Yamadori_Prunus mahaleb_Cascade

As the tree shown a strong determination to make it - I have not resisted the temptation to do some homework on the dead wood in the course of last summer.  And as the tree was sitting in my small workshop I have made a basic pruning and wiring at the same time...   I guess another example of my a bit stupid approach: "to pull a devil by the tail"  just to test his reaction.  Luckily, the little hero has a strong motivation to make it regardlessn all  the effort of the stupid biped...



After a leaf fall  - a bit more detailed additional  work on the dead wood in the top section.   

Current Front
Yamadori_Prunus mahaleb_Cascade

Possible FRONT.  If this is the winner then I would need to reshape the crown to turn it a bit more to the right.   The idea is to show the bigger part of the trunk and make the  line from the root till the end of the tree as a letter S.  What do you think?

Yamadori_Prunus mahaleb_Cascade

Current LEFT
Yamadori_Prunus mahaleb_Cascade

Detail of the DEAD WOOD as of now
Yamadori_Prunus mahaleb_Cascade

Detail of the DEAD WOOD in the spring


I will appreciate any ideas/thoughts on the possible front side.  I know the quality of the pics is quite bad...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro